Housing Development at Rathellen, Finisklin Sligo Planning Application to An Bord Pleanala
NOTICE UNDER SECTION 177AE OF THE PLANNING AND DEVELOPMENT ACT 2000, AS AMENDED
APPLICATION TO AN BORD PLEANALA FOR APPROVAL
Proposed construction of 57 residential units and the restoration of Rathellen House and an associated outbuilding to accommodate 6 residential units providing a total of 63 residential units, the demolition of derelict outbuildings, road works and all associated site development works at Rathellen House, Finisklin, Co. Sligo
Pursuant to Section 177AE of the Planning and Development Act 2000 (as amended) and the requirements of the Planning and Development Regulations 2001 (as amended), notice is hereby given that Sligo County Council proposes to make an application for approval to an Bord Pleanála for the following development at this site c.2.46 ha at Rathellen House, Finisklin, Co. Sligo. The proposed development includes:
- The demolition of derelict outbuildings (c.269.26 sqm).
The construction of 57 residential units to include:
- 39 No. houses all 2-storey high (15 no. 2-bed, 20 no. 3-bed, 3 no. 4-bed and 1 no. 5-bed); and
- 18 no. duplex apartments (8 no. 1-bed and 10 no. 2-bed) up to three-storey high.
- The restoration of Rathellen House and associated outbuildings to accommodate 6 residential units (1 no. 1-bed, 3 no. 2-bed; 2 no. 3-bed).
- A new access to the site is proposed via Sea Road.
- A segregated cycle path is proposed to link from Finisklin Road to Sea Road.
- The proposed development also includes the realignment of Sea Road to the west of the site to include new bus stops and pedestrian crossings
- The proposal includes on-street car parking (100 spaces), public and private open space, boundary treatments, public lighting, site drainage works, internal road networks and footpath, an ESB switch rooms/kiosks, landscaping, play area and all ancillary site services and development works above and below ground.
Sligo County Council proposes to seek the approval of An Bord Pleanála for the proposed development under section 177AE of the Planning and Development Act 2000, as amended. A Natura Impact Statement (NIS) has been prepared in respect of the proposed development. The Board may, in relation to an application for approval under section 177AE, of the Planning and Development Act 2000, as amended, may give approval to the application for development with or without conditions or may refuse the application for development.
Plans and particulars, including the Natura Impact Statement completed for the proposed development, are available for inspection at the offices of:
- Sligo County Council, County Hall, Riverside, Sligo, County Sligo, during public opening hours, Mondays to Fridays (bank holidays excluded)
- The consultation website of Sligo County Council at: https://consult.sligococo.ie/en from 16 February 2022 to 01 April 2022 (inclusive of both dates).
The plans and particulars, including the Natura Impact Statement, may also be inspected at the offices of An Bord Pleanála.
Submissions and observations may be made in writing to An Bord Pleanála, 64 Marlborough Street, Dublin 1, before 5.30 pm on 01 April 2022 relating to:
i) The implications of the proposed development dealing with the proper planning and development of the area in which the development is concerned,
ii) The likely effects on the environment of the proposed development; and
iii) The likely significant effects of the proposed development on a European Site, if carried out.
A person may question the validity of any such decision by the Board by way an application for judicial review, under order 84 of the Rules of the Superior Courts (S.I. No. 15 of 1986), in accordance with section 50 of the Planning and Development Act, 2000, as amended.
Practical information on the review mechanism can be accessed under the heading Publications – Judicial Review Notice on the Board’s website www.pleanala.ie or the Citizen Information Service website www.citizeninformation.ie.Signed: John Moran, A/Director of Services, Housing & Corporate Sligo County Council, County Hall, Riverside, Sligo F91Y763